At iGamingPlayer, we make it easy for you to choose your weekly wagers. Here are 5 bets to make this week in sports, including:
- Two NFL conference championship games
- A rich Buffalo-KC prop bet
- The PGA Tour event
- NHL games
- Early odds on the Daytona 500
- AFC and NFC Championships. On Sunday, January 24, the Buffalo Bills will meet the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship at Arrowhead Stadium. The line is currently at -3, in favor of Kansas City. But Patrick Mahomes’ uncertain status makes this a tough line to like.
Right now, the line is three points in favor of Green Bay, but the over/under might be the way to go. It opened at 52, but has since fallen a half-point at most sportsbooks. That still might not be enough. The two teams met in October and, under perfect conditions, scored a total of 48 points. The over/under for that game was 55, and the under hit easily. This game should also go under. The weather is forecast to be 28 degrees with snow showers.
Tampa Bay Head Coach Bruce Arians said his players are ready for adverse weather. “Every time I’ve played in Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo, nobody was cold out on the field. It’s more mental and staying warm on the sideline. It’s not that big a deal for us.”
- KC Buffalo Prop Bet. This bet could pay off handsomely: a prop bet in the AFC Championship game between Kansas City and Buffalo. The wager asks what the first score of the game will be. A field goal for either team is at +450. We like Kansas City to score first with a field goal. The Bills are going to be nervous, and if they get the ball first, they might go three and out. If the Chiefs get the ball first, they might march down the field before the Bills’ defense can adjust. Buffalo should be able to wake up before Kansas City gets in the end zone, thus settling for three points.
Way to score! Sign up to play at BorgataOnline.com, bet a minimum of $20, and you’ll get $100 in free bets after placing your first wager.
- Pick A Longshot at the PGA Tour. The PGA Tour is in Palm Springs for the American Express, and this is your chance to take a flier on a long shot. Birdies get collected easily at this event, and with a weaker field, an unknown might make it to the winner’s circle.That was certainly the case last year. Andrew Landry was 200/1 to win the American Express, and picked up his second career victory. The trend played out at the first event to begin the West Coast Swing. Adam Long, who wasn’t even on the board, won in 2019. In 2017, Hudson Swafford cashed at 50/1.
We like Sam Burns at 55/1 to win this week. The 24-year-old tied for sixth last year, and tied for 18th the year before. He hasn’t played since November. But we’ll bank on Burns to shake off the rust and get his first career victory.
For basic tips on betting on golf, check out our article Betting on Golf.
- A. Kings-Colorado Avalanche Shootout. The NHL’s Colorado Avalanche will try to sweep the winless Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. The Stanley Cup favorites should easily beat the hapless Kings. The Avalanche are -225 for the road game. But the better play is the total. The over/under opened at 6.5 goals, but has since dropped to 5.5.
Tuesday’s game was 3-2, and Los Angeles has allowed 11 goals in three games. The Avalanche have scored 12 goals in three games.
Register your new player account at ResortsCasino.com, bet at least $20, and you’ll be treated to $100 in free bets after placing your first bet.
- Early Odds on the Daytona 500. The Daytona 500 is less than a month away, and the Great American Race offers some great value picks ahead of the February 14 start of the NASCAR season.
Denny Hamlin is the 8/1 favorite and will be going for his third consecutive victory. Nobody’s won the Daytona 500 three times in a row. And that, coupled with lower odds, doesn’t make Hamlin an attractive pick.
One driver might be worth taking a flier on. That’s Austin Dillon. He earned his first NASCAR Cup victory at the summer race at Daytona, and has two other Top 10 finishes there. At 30/1, Dillon’s a great longshot wager.
So there you have it: 5 bets to make this week. Read iGamingPlayer every week for the best betting picks and best casino and sports betting bonuses.