The National Hockey League doesn’t reward one-goal victories in the typical spread. Gamblers have to either take a favorite giving 1.5 goals—which is hard to cover—or an underdog getting 1.5 goals—which doesn’t pay well.
Here are some options:
- Thinking about playing the over-under total, the combined goals by each team? The Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning have been lights-out in that department, checking in at nearly 80 percent over.
- Most teams hover between 45 percent to 55 percent in the over-under performance category. One reason? They’re bunched regarding goal-scoring totals. The leading offensive unit, the Washington Caps, average 3.7 goals a game. The worst offensive unit, the Detroit Red Wings, average 2.2 goals per game.
Sign up to play at BetAmerica.com and you’ll get a risk-free bet up to $1,000.
- The best and worst offensives theoretically combine for 5.9 goals in one game. What’s the typical NHL over-under? Six. It’s hard to find an edge. Payouts will change in-game if you want to try to get new odds during the contest. During an NHL game, odds will change after a goal and/or about every five minutes.
- The Dallas Stars have been the best team going under against the spread, at 69 percent. Good goaltending and a tight style of play are the keys to that success.
First timers who sign up at CaesarsCasino.com will get their deposits matched up to $300!
- Want to take a chance betting other strong defensive teams, hoping they can win a low-scoring game by two goals or more? This group includes:
- New York Islanders
- Boston Bruins
- Arizona Coyotes
- Louis Blues
- Colorado Avalanche