The Call of Duty League’s (CDL) Majors are heating up once again, and the fourth season of the competitive tournament winds down.
The Call of Duty professional scene will play a huge role in getting fans caught up in the action this summer.
Call of Duty Participating Teams and Rosters
- Atlanta FaZe: Arcitys, Simp, Abezy, Celio
- Boston Breach: Methodz, Nero, Vivid, T. J. Haly
- Florida Rioters: Skyz, Owakening, MajorManiak
- Royal Ravens of London: Zer0, Nastie, Afro, Gismo
- Los Angeles Guerrillas: SlasheR, Sparta, Huke, Neptune
- Los Angeles Thieves: Octane, Kenny, Drazah, Envoy
- Minnesota RØKKR: Attach, Havok, Priestahh, Standy
- New York Subliners: Crimsix, HyDra, Kismet, Paul Ehx
- OpTic Texas: Trash, Shotzzy, Dashy, Prolute
- Paris Legion: GRVTY, temporary, John, Jimbo
- Seattle Surge: Bb, Pred, Accuracy, Mack
- Toronto Ultra: Bance, Cammy, CleanX, Insight
The New York Subliners will be hosting the Call of Duty League’s Major 4 on July 14-17, and the tournament qualifier events will be held over three weeks for the 12 teams. Two of the three qualifiers have already occurred. The final one begins Friday and concludes on Sunday.
Final Qualifying Push for Teams
Each team will play five online qualifying matches and be placed into a double-elimination bracket based on their performance. The double-elimination tournament will be held at one of the four Majors, and all matches will be conducted on an in-person, Local Area Network (LAN).
After the qualifying rounds, the bottom four teams will be placed in the loser’s bracket. To reach the grand finals, the teams will face off against their opponents in a series of best-of-five matches. Each team will receive 10 CDL points for their qualifying match victory and earn points for their final placings. Here is a full schedule of Week 3 Matches:
Friday 8th July
- Atlanta FaZe v London Royal Ravens: 3:00 pm ET
- Florida Mutiny v Paris Legion: 4:30 pm ET
- Seattle Surge v Minnesota RØKKR: 6:00 pm ET
Saturday 9th July
- Paris Legion v Minnesota RØKKR: 3:00 pm ET
- Boston Breach vs. Toronto Ultra: 4:30 pm ET
- LA Thieves v Florida Mutineers: 6:00 pm ET
- Seattle Surge v Atlanta FaZe: 7:30 pm ET
Sunday 10th July
- LA Guerrillas v London Royal Ravens: 3:00 pm ET
- OpTic Texas v Toronto Ultra: 4:30 pm ET
- LA Thieves v New York Subliners: 6:00 pm ET
The top teams heading into Week 3 are Atlanta FaZe (280 CDL points), OpTic Texas (235 CDL points), Seattle Surge (185 CDL points), and London Royal Ravens (180 CDL points). Here are predictions for some of this weekend’s final qualifying matches.
Become a new customer at Bet365 and get up to $200 in free bets. Just deposit $10 or more and then claim the offer. To activate your free bets, place a qualifying bet of $1 from you deposited funds, and the $200 will be added to your free bet credits.
Atlanta Faze Clash with London Royal Ravens
Both Atlanta FaZe and London Royal have proved worthy in the qualifying round of the Call of Duty League’s Major 4 with victories over the Toronto Ultra and the Minnesota Rokkr, respectively. FaZe defeated Toronto Ultra by a 3-0 score, while the Royal took down Minnesota by a 3-1 win.
Although this will be a tough matchup on Friday, Atlanta Faze is predicted to come out on top as Chris “Simp” Lehr might be too much for the Ravens to handle.
Roster Move Should Help Paris Legion
Paris Legion made a roster change before the Major 4 qualifier, replacing John with Johnny. While they have been posting gameplay footage of players capable of scoring over 100 points, this version of the Legion did not show during the tournament’s first two weeks. They remain at 12th place on the table with 20 CDL points and have not shown much promise. Minnesota ROKKR, on the other hand, also sits in 9th place on the table but has performed better in the first two weeks.
Regardless, Paris Legion is predicted to win this matchup as Johnny is a player to look out for. This will be a tough matchup, but Paris Legion just might hold out against Minnesota ROKKR.
L.A. Thieves Look to Steal Qualifier Against Florida Mutineers
The Call of Duty match between Los Angeles Thieves and Florida Mutineers on Saturday will be a hot one. Florida Mutineers have been inconsistent in the Call of Duty League so far. They finally got a roster change with the additions of 2Real and Majormaniak, and they have performed well with skyz as a carry.
However, LA Thieves is predicted to win this matchup as they have proven to be the stronger team with Drazah on their side.
iLLeY Leading OpTic Texas
Optic Texas remains in second place, with iLLeY performing remarkably. Although they lost their last match in week 2, Optic Texas is predicted to win against Toronto Ultra. This is because they have maintained peak performance through most of their matches. Toronto Ultra, however, has not been able to find its mark.
Claim your Risk-Free $750 Signup Offer when you join Tipico Sportsbook. If your bet loses, you’ll get a site credit for the same amount.